POLICIES & PROCEDURES
MISSION :: It is the mission of the Testing Policy and Operations Section to implement the North Carolina Testing Program
by developing and providing policies, guidelines, procedures, and ethical testing practices that meet federal and state requirements
related to the area of securing tests, administering and scoring tests, reporting scores, and interpreting test results
ACCESS Data Validation Training (ppt, 425kb)
Guidelines for Destroying, Storing, or Returning Materials for the 2012-13 School Year (pdf, 20kb)
(Updated on May 2, 2013)
Metritech ACCESS for ELLs Presentation (ppt, 17mb)
A presentation detailing the operational procedures for the ACCESS for ELLs spring 2013 administration
North Carolina Testing Program: Destroying, Returning, or Storing Test Materials (January 2012) (doc, 69kb)
This document provides requirements for the destruction, return, or storage of secure North Carolina Testing Program materials (includes a field test processing guide).
- Recording from the August 30, 2010 webinar on the Review and Discussion of AMAO 2 Criteria & Targets (starts on slide 5; see link above for the first four slides) (mov, 32mb)
Policies, procedures, and resources for testing accommodations available to eligible students in the North Carolina Testing Program.
2009-2010 Plan for Monitoring the Use of State Testing Accommodations (pdf, 70kb)
The North Carolina Testing Program's comprehensive approach for monitoring the use of state testing accommodations for the 2009-2010 school year
The Proctor's Guide (pdf, 249kb)
The Proctor's Guide outlines the responsibilities of proctors and what they are permitted to do during a test administration.
Understanding the Individual Student Report Documents (UISRs)
A web page containing all of the UISRs for the North Carolina testing program.
Elimination of Tests from the North Carolina Testing Program
A Web page containing detailed information on the reasons some state tests were eliminated.
School Test Coordinator Handbook (pdf, 1.4mb)
The purpose of the North Carolina School Test Coordinator’s Handbook is to provide the principal’s designee (usually the school test coordinator) with a single reference for implementing proper test administrations for the North Carolina Testing Program. This handbook provides information to ensure that the integrity of the testing program is maintained, that results generated from the program are valid, and that any subsequent reporting is accurate and appropriate.
North Carolina Testing Program Assessment Options
Information on the standard test administration and alternate assessment options available and their eligibility criteria
2012-13 Review of Accommodations Used During Testing Forms
- Review of Accommodations Used During Testing (xls, 109kb) | (pdf, 198kb)
- Form to be used during team decisions prior to testing to record required testing accommodations documented on the student's IEP, Section 504 Plan, LEP documentation, or transitory impairment documentation, for data entry into CECAS or NC WISE, and during/after testing to record the accommodations provided and used during testing.
- Review of Accommodations Used During NCEXTEND1 Testing (xls, 105kb) | (pdf, 197kb)
- Form to be used during team decision prior to testing to record required testing accommodations documented on the student's IEP, for data entry into CECAS and NC WISE, and during/after testing to record the accommodations provided and used during testing
- The 2012-13 North Carolina Statewide Operational Testing Calendar (pdf, 22kb)
- Testing Calendars: (2011-2012) | (2010-2011) | (2009-2010) | (2008-2009) | (2007-2008) | (Archive)
General Information and Policies
Testing Code of Ethics; testing calendar; testing program overview; and State Board of Education required testing
North Carolina Testing Code of Ethics, Testing Security Protocol and Procedures for North Carolina School Personnel publication, and the Proctor's Guide
Test-related issues and/or policies concerning the North Carolina Testing Program
Testing Students with Disabilities
Policies, procedures, and resources for testing students with disabilities in the North Carolina Testing Program
Testing Students Identified as Limited English Proficient
Policies, procedures, and resources for testing students identified as limited English proficient in the North Carolina Testing Program
National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
State and national results on the Nation's Report Card; NAEP overview; NAEP released items; and other NAEP resources
Testing Policy and Operations Staff Directory