2004-2005 ABCs PROGRAM INFORMATION
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
- Confirmation of students with significant cognitive disability (pdf)
The number and percent of students in each individual LEA participating in either the NCAAP or the NCAAI for the purpose of determining AYP and ABC status.
- Alternative Schools Memo (pdf)
2004-05 ABCs Accountability Procedures for Alternative/Special Schools.
- Clustering Memo (pdf)
Counting clustered students with disabilities who are clustered in separate classrooms for ABCs and AYP purposes.
- Title I Targeted Assistance Schools Memo (pdf)
LEA options for determining AYP for targeted assistance schools (TAS) for the 2004-05 school year.
- Testing Decision-Making Guidelines (pdf)
Ways to include all students in the North Carolina Testing Program.
- Superintendents' Data Collection Memo (pdf)
The new schedule for testing and accountability data collection.
- Evolution of the ABCs (pdf)
History of the North Carolina education accountability model.
- 2004-05 Administration of the HS Comprehensive Test (Letter from Janice Davis dated January 3, 2005) (pdf)
2004-05 Changes in the High School Comprehensive Tests of Reading and Mathematics.
- Clarification of HS AYP Issues Regarding Participation (Letter from Lou Fabrizio dated February 22, 2005) (pdf)
Changes approved to the Accountability Workbook reflecting the U.S. Department of Education’s approval to use the Algebra I, English I and the Grade 10 Writing Test for determining high school AYP.
- Memo Homeless and Migrant Student Data (pdf)
Procedures for collection of additional subgroup data for NCLB.
- Accountability Processing Checklist (SIMS) (pdf, 68kb)
2004-05 ABCs Testing and Accountability data collection checklist for LEAs using SIMS.
- Accountability Processing Checklist (NCWISE) (pdf, 72kb)
2004-05 ABCs Testing and Accountability data collection checklist for LEAs using NCWISE.
- End-of-Year Accountability Procedures for 2004-05 (pdf, 50 kb)
- The 2004-05 ABCs memo May 12, 2005 (pdf, 40kb)
Changes in accountability between 2003-04 and 2004-05.
- Determining Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) (Updated June 2005) (pdf)
Performance target that states, school districts and schools must achieve each year to meet the requirements of NCLB.
- New Growth Formulas and Updated ABCs Procedures 2005-06 and Beyond
Information about the ABCs Growth Standards that will be in effect in 2005-2006