The Department of Public Instruction gratefully acknowledges the cooperation and assistance received from individuals and groups throughout the State in this current revision process. Without such cooperation, the revisions and printing of the North Carolina Standard Course of Study would not have been possible.
We wish to express a special thanks to:
- The Division of Instructional Services for providing the leadership and vision that guided the development of these documents. The untiring efforts of this staff contributed greatly to the completion of this task,
- office support staff in instructional services who, in addition to their on-going responsibilities, word processed the revised documents,
- the many local educators, parents, and business people who participated in the current revision process by serving on curriculum committees and reacting to draft documents,
- faculty from the institutions of higher education who advised the staff and assisted in the revision of the curriculum,
- the Communications and Information Division for technical assistance in the publication of the documents,
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) for allowing its Dimensions of Thinking to serve as a framework for this revision process,
The curriculum will continue to be revised and improved to meet the needs of the children of North Carolina.