NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
NCDPI's Science Wiki website is a resource designed especially for educators that provides a variety of instructional and research materials to assist in the preparation of moving to the Science Essential Standards.
Reference tables are provided for:
HONORS COURSE IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE
This guide includes information about requirements for honors courses with specific support of each content area.
Honors Course Implementation Guide
Please visit the Publications Sales website at http://www.ncpublicschools.org/publications/ to access the catalog and order the posters listed below. Ordering information can be found by selecting "Ordering Information" in the navigation menu on the left.
- Goggles: It's the Law (item# SC 129)
- Science Chemicals Poster (item# SC 127)
- Science Safety Signs (item# SC 128)
- NC Through Time Geologic Poster (item# SC 119)
- 6-8 Science Essential Standards Poster (item # SC152)
- 9-12 Science Essential Standards Poster (item# SC 153)
- Science & Engineering Practices/Cross-cutting Concepts (item# SC 154)
- World Class Science at NCDPI (brochure) (item# SC 155)
Science Supervisors/High School Teachers List Serve: This list serve is designed to communicate with Central Office Science Curriculum Supervisors and high school teachers. It is used to send DPI announcements including policy updates, professional development opportunities, and other announcements. To join, email your name, LEA, job title/subjects taught, phone number to Marilyn Johns Marilyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHOOL SCIENCE SAFETY RESOURCES
Web resources are listed below. Additional resources are located on the NC Science Wiki.
North Carolina School Science Facilities Planner (pdf, 1.6mb)
This is a helpful guide when designing or remodeling science classrooms, laboratories, and prep rooms.
NSTA Position Statements that particularly relate to middle grades science:
- Science Education for Middle Level Students
- Responsible Use of Live Animals and Dissection in the Science Classroom
- The Integral Role of Laboratory Investigations in Science Instruction
- Safety and School Science Instruction
- Liability of Science Educators for Laboratory Safety
END OF COURSE TEST INFORMATION
RESOURCES FOR ASSESSMENT: