NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
The Office of Early Learning supports curriculum, standards, assessment, and professional development for kindergarten through third grade professionals in North Carolina's public schools. We are committed to providing children a solid road to success by supporting primary educators as they create a caring community of learners, teach to enhance development and learning, construct appropriate curriculum, assess children's learning and development, and establish relationships with families.
To go to the Kindergarten – Grade 3 website please click here.
For additional information, please contact:
Title 1 Kindergarten Consultant
NC Guide for the Early Years, Second Edition
The N.C. Guide for the Early Years is designed to be a major resource for
early learning professionals, combining the latest research about how preschool
and kindergarten children learn with time-tested strategies
and essential teaching tools.
Join the Primary Educators Listserv!
Stay Current and Connected
The Primary Educators Listserv is sponsored by the Primary Team (K-3) at the NC Department of Public Instruction.
This new listserv is open to all K-3 educators, administrators, curriculum support personnel and interested parents and will offer members opportunities to:
- Stay current with the latest news and initiatives at DPI
- Receive support for best teaching practices K-3
- Keep up with public school Kindergarten, First, Second and Third grade information
- Network with other K-3 professionals
- Ask and answer questions related to K-3 issues
- Share ideas with other K-3 educators
- Learn about upcoming professional development opportunities
- Discover new and exciting resources
We invite you to subscribe to this listserv and encourage you to share this opportunity with your colleagues.
We do ask that subscribers adhere to the following:
Messages must be relevant to topics concerning North Carolina Public Schools.
Members using offensive language, making disparaging remarks or personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be unsubscribed by the moderator.
How to Subscribe
- Send an email to the Primary K-3 Listserv by cutting and pasting the following
address into your "To" box within your email application:
- Leave the subject line and the body of the message blank.
- Once you have successfully subscribed, you will receive a confirmation email.
This listserv will be an exciting vehicle for our K-3 educators to network & share across NC. We look forward to hearing your thoughts and concerns.