WITHDRAWAL FROM NBPTS PROCESS
2013-2014 WITHDRAWAL PROCESS
(Both NBPTS and North Carolina MUST be notified!)
- Candidates must complete the official NBPTS withdrawal form (accessed through your My Profile) and fax a copy to NBPTS and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. (Attention to Dr. Sonja Brown at 919.807.3362)
- Candidates who withdraw before the ePortfolio due date of May 16, 2014 and the assessment center date will owe the state $500.00 plus accrued interest.
- Candidates who withdraw after the ePortfolio due date of May 16, 2014 or the assessment center due date will owe the state $2,500.00 plus accrued interest.
Self Payer Candidates
If you are a self-pay candidate, you should follow the same procedures as above.
- You will not receive a refund of the initial $500.00 Assessment Fee.
- You will receive a $2,000.00 Assessment Fee refund.
If you do not meet the deadline, May 16, 2014, you will not receive the refund.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
Dr. Sonja Brown
North Carolina National Board Coordinator
Educator Effectiveness Division
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
Raleigh, N.C. 27601
919.807.3358 (Office) or 919.807.3362 (Fax)