BUDGET & LEGISLATION
BUDGET & FINANCIAL
FY 2013-14 Budget Information
- Summary of Special Provisions
( pdf, 122kb) LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 12, 2013
- Comparison of the 2013-14 Proposed Budgets
( xls, 107kb) LAST UPDATED: JULY 30, 2013
- Impact of Conference Budget on Major Allotments by LEA
( xls, 415kb ) LAST UPDATED: JULY 24, 2013
- Comparison of the 2013-14 Proposed Budgets
( xls, 107kb ) LAST UPDATED: JULY 30, 2013
- Senate and House Special Provisions
(doc, 95kb) LAST UPDATED: JUNE 14, 2013
- Summary of Senate Bill 402
(pdf, 67kb) POSTED 5/22/13
Highlights of the NC Public School Budget
A report that presents charts and tables which describe how state and federal funds are distributed to North Carolina's Public Schools. It also reviews the growth in average daily membership (ADM), the ABC's Financial Flexibility, and the effect of Charter Schools.
Trends: Growing Student Population, Fewer Dollars
(pdf, 106kb) UPDATED 8/8/13
FY 2012-13 Budget Information
- Comparison of the 2012-13 Proposed Budgets
(xls, 90kb) UPDATED 6/22/12
- Special Provisions - Conference Report
(pdf, 31kb) UPDATED 7/3/12
- Conference Report LEA Adjustment with the Loss of EduJobs
(xls, 115kb) POSTED 6/21/12
- LEA Adjustment 2012-13
(xls, 105kb) UPDATED 6/20/12
- Govenor's Recommended Budget Adjustments
(xls, 22kb) POSTED 5/10/12
- Supplemental Budget Requests to Consider for 2012-2013 as ranked by superintendents at the March Superintendent's Quarterly Meeting
(xls, 21kb) POSTED 4/11/12
- Supplemental Budget Request for 2012-2013
(pdf, 72kb) POSTED 3/13/12
Highlights of House Bill 200, Appropriations Act of 2011, Session Law 2011-145
(pdf, 48kb) UPDATED 6/24/11
Negative Reserve / Reductions to LEAs and Charter Schools - See Allotments Support Documentation
FY 2011-12 Budget Information
- Comparison of the 2011-12 Final Budget with Proposed Budgets from the State Board of Education, the Governor, the House, and the Senate.
(xls, 372kb) UPDATED 6/17/11
- LEA Senate Budget Workbook - The Division of School Business has developed some additional tools to help you understand the impact of the budget cuts.
- Impact of LEA Adjustment and Asst. Principal Cut
- District Impact Due to Loss of Federal Stabilization Dollars
- Reductions to positions as proposed in Senate Budget
(xls, 30kb) UPDATED 5/31/11
FY 2009-11 Budget Information
- Comparison of the 2010-11 Final Budget with Proposed Budgets from the State Board of Education, the Governor, the House, and the Senate.
- Presentation on impact of 2009-10 budget cuts on school districts, charter schools and DPI. Presented by Superintendent June Atkinson to Education Oversight Committee on Oct 13, 2009.
- Comparison of the 2009-10 Final Budget with Proposed Budgets from the State Board of Education, the Governor, the House, and the Senate.
- Discretionary Reduction - SB202 provides a $225m adjustment to the LEAs budget, distributed based on ADM. This file shows the adjustment by LEA and charter school.
LEGISLATION & POLICY
- Master's Pay Change Effective 2014-15
Per legislation: "…no teachers or instructional support personnel, except for certified school nurses and instructional support personnel in positions for which a master's degree is required for licensure, shall be paid on the "M" salary schedule or receive a salary supplement for academic preparation at the six-year degree level or at the doctoral degree level for the 2014-2015 school year, unless they were paid on that salary schedule or received that salary supplement prior to the 2014-2015 school year."
Master's Pay Q & A - coming soon
- Vacation Leave Accrual Changes Effective January 1, 2011
The annual (vacation) leave accrual rates for employees with 0-2 years of service and 2-5 year of service have been combined into one accrual rate. Other employees should also see a slight increase in their number of minutes accrued each month. Office of State Personnel - www.osp.state.nc.us/manuals/sections5and6.htm
- Guidelines for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) Pay Differential
(pdf, 24kb) UPDATED 9/08/11
- Salary Changes Summary 2009
- Reduction in Force (RIF) & Hospital Insurance Continuance
- Guidance on Retirees
- Differential Pay for Military Duty (Q & A)
LEGISLATED RAISES & BONUS LEAVE
LEA Purchasing Flexibility, E-Procurement, and Senate Bill 620 - Key Questions and Answers
Clarification of State Sales Tax Refund Repeal 2005
Office of State Budget and Management - Budget Summaries, Summary of Recommendations, Continuation Budgets
North Carolina Education Lottery (Where the Money Goes)
The State Lottery Act, in order to increase and maximize the available revenues for education purposes, prescribes guidelines as to how each lottery dollar will be spent.
General Assembly / NC Legislature
- North Carolina General Assembly
The official web site of the North Carolina General Assembly. Use this web site as a tool to track bills, find and communicate with your State House and Senate representatives, and follow meetings and issues before the General Assembly.
- NC General Statutes
- Fiscal Research Division Reports - Legislative Session Fiscal & Budgetary Actions
- Appropriations Bills
- 2011 www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2011&BillID=h200
- 2010 www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2009&BillID=s897
- 2009 www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2009&BillID=S202
- 2008 www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2007&BillID=H2436
- 2007 www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2007&BillID=H1473
Financial and Business Services
Communication and Information Services
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.