SCHOOL DISTRICT PERSONNEL SUPPORT
The Human Resources Division is one of twenty one divisions staffed to the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. The division reports to the State Superintendent. The Division is responsible for providing the full range of human resources management services for 800 permanent positions and 700 plus contractor positions. These services include, but are not limited to, position classification, organization design/analysis/management, salary administration, recruitment, benefits administration/education, performance management, employee relations, and staff development. Beginning in October 2009, the School District Personnel Support staff was organized to be a part of Human Resources Division. The School District Personnel Support function provides consultative services to the human resources administrators in the 115 local school districts. The consultative services include advice and guidance regarding the State Board of Education policies governing benefits and employment for the local school district employees.
- State Health Plan for Teachers and State Employees
- Human Resource Administrators Newsletter
- Recruitment and Retention
- Contacts for Employment (LEA List)
- Online Job Application System
- No Child Left Behind
- Public School Law (G.S. 115C)
- Personnel Administrators of North Carolina (PANC) : PANC is an organization comprised of LEA central office personnel administrators. The primary focus of this organization is to provide staff development, training, and support for school personnel officers in all areas related to human resource functions.