NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
The Elementary Team has provided exemplary lessons to assist K-5
educators in the
instruction of Personal Financial Literacy. These activities are aligned to the economic strands for social studies and provide excellent opportunities to actively engage students.
- Financial Literacy: Teaching Economics in the
The Middle Grades Team has provided exemplary lessons to assist social studies teachers in the middle grades. The development and usage of these activities will help provide a foundation for success in high school. In Grades 6 and 7, the Personal Financial Literacy activities focus on global interactions. In Grade 8, students examine how economic issues have impacted the history of North Carolina.
- Building Financial Literacy: Activities for Middle Grades
The Secondary Social Studies team has provided exemplary lessons to assist Civics and Economics teachers in the instruction of Personal Financial Literacy. These lessons are aligned with economic objectives in the North Carolina Civics and Economics Social Studies Standard Course of Study and are archived in the following modules for easy access: Banking, Credit, and Saving and Investing.
- Activities and Teaching Strategies for Secondary Social Studies
- A Supplement for Teachers of Civics and Economics
- Glossary of Commonly Used Terms will aid teachers in defining the vocabulary used in our program.