- The PBIS implementation plan outlines the infrastructure to support the growth and continuing interest in Positive Behavior Intervention and Support throughout the state.
- PBIS Leadership Team, Advisory Group, BSSP Section and PBIS LEA/Regional Coordinators are the active implementation groups.
- The plan has three sections- Visibility and Political Support, Training, and Evaluation.
- Training - picked modules developed by University of Missouri, hired Dr. Tim Lewis to train teams and trainers in the modules, now delivering the somewhat revised modules across the state.
- Each new school system sends a person to be trained as a trainer and coach to module training with the new schools.
- PBIS Coordinators have regular meetings with the trainers in their region.
- PBIS Trainers completed the training cycle by May, 2007.
- In June, 2007 81 school systems had PBIS trainers or potential trainers and schools participating at some level.
- LEAs that had all traditional schools implementing in the school system - Asheboro City Schools, Elkin City Schools, Elizabeth City/Pasquotank Schools, Nash/Rocky Mount Schools, Perquimans County Schools, Roanoke Rapids City Schools, Warren County Schools, Whiteville City Schools and Washington County Schools.
- Additional LEAs with plans to implement in the entire school system - Charlotte/Mecklenburg Schools, Pender County Schools, Wake County Schools, Brunswick County Schools, and Iredell/Statesville Schools
- 528 schools were participating at the end of 2006-07. Slightly more than 20% of the Public Schools in North Carolina.
- 5 Youth Development Centers (training schools) and Eastern School of the Deaf are participating.
- Supporting Existing Sites - The PBIS Regional/LEA Coordinators have visited many of the participating schools and having regular meetings with the trainers/coaches in their regions.
- Funding - The money to support training is included in allotments in PRC 70 to LEAs. The amounts are based on number of teams to be trained.
- The Exceptional Children Division set aside funds to support PBIS implementation throughout the state.
- Six 2/3 time PBIS Regional Coordinators have been hosted by LEAs to support trainers and PBIS sites.
- Some funds are targeting additional LEAs who are developing PBIS/Reading sites.