TITLE I, PART D:
NEGLECTED AND DELINQUENT
NEGLECTED AND DELINQUENT
PREVENTION & INTERVENTION PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH WHO ARE NEGLECTED, DELINQUENT, OR AT-RISK
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
- to improve educational services for children and youth in local and State institutions
for neglected or delinquent children and youth so that such children and youth
have the opportunity to meet the same challenging State academic content standards
and challenging State student academic achievement standards that all children
in the State are expected to meet;
- to provide such children and youth
with the services needed to make a successful transition from institutionalization
to further schooling or employment; and
- to prevent at-risk youth from dropping out of school, and to provide dropouts, and children and youth returning from correctional facilities or institutions for neglected or delinquent children and youth, with a support system to ensure their continued education.
For additional information on Title I, Part D, click here (http://www.ed.gov/programs/titleipartd/index.html?exp=0)
Part D, Subpart 1 provides financial assistance to State agencies to operate educational programs for children in institutions for neglected or delinquent children and for youth in adult correctional facilities.
NCDPI Subpart 1 Monitoring Instrument
Part D funds are allocated for this subpart based on annual caseload data of the number of children and youth living in local institutions for delinquent children and adult correctional institutions. Application information is included in the Title I, Part A application.
NCDPI Subpart 2 Monitoring Instrument
- U.S. Department of Education - Title I, Part D
- The National Evaluation and Technical Assistance Center (NDTAC)
The National Evaluation and Technical Assistance Center for the Education of Children and Youth Who Are Neglected, Delinquent, or At Risk (NDTAC) was established in 2002 through support from the U.S. Department of Education (USED). NDTAC serves as a national resource center to provide direct assistance to States, schools, communities, and parents seeking information on the education of children and youth who are considered neglected, delinquent, or at-risk.
- Title I, Part D Non-Regulatory Guidance - 2006
(pdf, 216kb | doc, 805kb)