NC DRIVER EDUCATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
The North Carolina Driver Education Advisory Committee (DEAC) advises and recommends to the State Board of Education how to implement the North Carolina Driver Education Strategic Plan and other issues related to driver education and traffic safety.
The NC DEAC:
- Advises and confers on matters pertaining to the establishment of rules necessary to carry out the duties of the Driver Education Program and the implementation of the North Carolina Driver Education Strategic Plan.
- Reviews and updates guidelines for the operation of the Driver Education Program.
- Promotes the positive effects of the Graduated Driver Licensing Program.
- Fosters partnerships with the NC Division of Motor Vehicles including testing, instructor training, driving school regulations and related protocol.
- Provides a communication channel between driver education and stakeholders.
- Stimulates public awareness of driver education needs and contributions.
- Serves as an advocate of driver education.
- Influences driver education support through appropriate channels.
- Lends credibility to driver education programs.
NC DEAC Committee Members